Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Lovemark


Ok, so I would have to say that my lovemark is most definitely Apple.  I use Apple products and that is final.  Haha.  My wife and I argue about which is better, and usually I just go stomping around outside until I cool off.  No, it really isn't that bad.  Why is it that I am an Apple fan you ask?  Well, it all started way back when back when Windows had released Windows ME.  Oooh boy is what everyone says when I say that, but that was my first and last experience with Windows.  That operating system (Windows ME) was the biggest piece of garbage that was ever presented to the public, and that is what I based my decision on.  After a couple of years of not having a computer I got a Mac and was instantly impressed with the GUI (Graphical User Interface) and ease of usage.  I fell in love for the first time with an electronic piece of equipment!  But what really makes me love Macs is the longevity of the product.  For example the laptop that I am writing this on has just had its 5 year birthday last week, and it still plays all my games, as well as does all the stuff I need it to do for homework as well as boots up quickly.  Sure every now and then it does have a problem and needs to be restarted but so do all computers.  Last November I built my wife a computer with everything top of the line and it is already starting to have some problems, for example the USB drives on the front sometimes lock up her system, am I saying this is a Windows issue?  No, but if we would have gotten her a Mac we wouldn't have this conversation!
But, is this really what a love mark is all about?  Better than what the competition has to offer?  When I think of Apple, the first things that spring to my mind is not my laptop, or the products that Apple does put out, it is more of a feeling of sophistication, of superiority, a feeling of ease knowing that whatever I need will be there, also the color blue for some reason, but that color is accompanied by calm and an inner peace (I know this may sound weird).  This is what defines a lovemark, not actual product, but feelings, imagery that is produced when thinking of a certain brand.  Would I be heartbroken if Apple were to disappear tomorrow?  Absolutely, almost as if I were to be lost within a cruel world, followed by feelings of anger and retribution, for doing such a thing to my precious Apple.

1 comment:

  1. We are strictly a Windows family here, but recently we visited the wife's cousin and she was pushed into getting a Mac because her two sons' school uses the Mac and it just makes their doing homework streamlined. She says that she loves it and after a few hours on it...my wife is sold. So it looks like we will be gettinga Mac soon.

    ReplyDelete